Long day of dealing with airports yesterday, sorry there was no post. I’ll try to cover the whole weekend, considering I do a fair amount of travel, weekends might not come until Monday in the future as well. This is based on 10-12 man leagues. Adjust accordingly.
[11/1/14] Lightning Round
- If Brandan Wright would ever get PT, he would be a hell of a fantasy force. FG% is always top of the per 36 stats. Own in all deep leagues; Freak Tyreke is not care about anyone or anything, if Eric Gordon continues to struggle, watch Tyreke take over Own
- Tony Allen will help you in STLs, take a flyer if you need them. I drastically hope this is the last time 2 teams shoot 36% from the field combined don’t panic on anyone else who played in this game. Check the hoops for defects.
- There is no way Ben Gordon gets this kind of playing time as the season goes on, but then again I think logically and coaches sometimes don’t. Payton should be owned and Founier should be watched in most leagues owned in deep leagues. DeRozan is learning to do more than score the ball rising
- Jimmy Buckets is back and should be owned in all leagues poised for a big year where he won’t have to play 54 mpg; Pau Gasol is avg 3.3 BLKs per game. Just letting you know Rising;* Tony Toni Tone Bennett should be a deep league pickup especially if Young is out. He might not be great, but he still has potential enough to get you stats.
- Bosh is proving everyone wrong by putting up monster numbers, playing with Lebron was definitely holding him backRising; The PG role in Miami will swing toward whoever has the hot hand, both Cole and Mario will have inconsistentlines from game to game. K.J. McDaniels is still got a lot of potential if he gets starters mins in the future.
- I don’t trust that Nene line, he has not proven that this is the type of player he can be all season. Garrett Temple and Otto Porter on the rise even though they got crotchety old Paul Pierce’s mins. I’m not expecting those knees to last all season, he’ll either get consistent rest, if Randy Wittman is smart (he isn’t). Or he’ll play himself into some injury in the future
- I hate these Pacers, play the hot hand and hope you get lucky. Still stand by Sloan being the most consistent fantasy contributor until G Hill gets back. Hib Dib and Scola will get good mins
- Look at KG, Joe J and D Will all playing +35 min. Good luck staying healthy doing that. Mason Plumlee is your ‘I thought Brook Lopez could go 2 weeks without getting injured. Sell high on Brook Lopez whenever he comes back and goes on a tear.
- T Jones finally owned in 100% of leagues. Isaiah Canaan deep league pickup for those waiting on Patrick Beverley.Jared Sullinger looking solid in his first few games rising
- Denver was blown out Don’t panic; but do think about every single OKC player now being a factor, especially in deep leagues. Perry Jones and Telfair should be owned in all leagues. EDIT: Jackson is back tonight. Telfair can drop to a watch Still can produce in deep leagues
- Favors is a must own. He really is putting it together and could have a breakout season. He fills up all the stat lines, and went into beast mode. Exum might actually have potential if he can get the mins. His mins will increase if he is worth it to Utah to develop Deep league flyer. I feel like the Enes jokes are getting too easy.
- Klay might be going beast mode after people spent the whole summer shitting on him left and right. rising; Hill and Ed Davis should be owned if you need that type of player. In that order too. Boozer and Davis will continue to share mins.Lin owners might want to start to worry
- Boogie doing boogie things. Which also means he can destroy a team single-handedly. If he can ever channel his frustrations and learn to play smarter, you could expect this from him every night. CP3 is not a bastion of health, he will sit out 10+ games this year. He is still the best PG in the game, and only behind Curry as a fantasy guard, but don’t be afraid to shop him in roto leagues. DeAndre has not been impressive to start Falling
- Wait a min…. the Heat are 3-0, what is different on this team? Deng=GOAT; Let me go and hone my copy and paste skills….. Bosh is proving everyone wrong by putting up monster numbers, playing with Lebron was definitely holding him back Rising; The PG role in Miami will swing toward whoever has the hot hand, both Cole and Mario will haveinconsistent lines from game to game. DeRozan is learning to do more than score the ball rising…. Now back to original content: James Johnson and Louis Williams are both on my watch list simply because I know they can fill it up. Louis Williams was once an obvious 6 man killer, and JJ fills up the line when he gets mins. They obviously are looking for someone to fill that 3 spot
- Screw you injury gods, you are ruining my life. aka. I picked up Michael Kidd-Gillchrist in a few of my leagues, and in 10 mins he was looking to get it going. He is still on the rise and should be owned in all leagues. Look for Neal and Henderson to get his mins if he is out longer. Knicks are still learning that triangle. MKG going out probably helped Melo pull this one out for the Knicks. Larkin is still a stop-gap until Calderon gets back. I don’t trust Amare’s knees
- Bogut is playing well and he will contribute while he is healthy. There is no reason to trust his health in the long-term, get what you want out of him and sell high Hold on, I feel like my copy/paste skills are dwindling, let me go through some standard drills to ensure my skills are on point… Klay might be going beast mode after people spent the whole summer shitting on him left and right. rising… That’s better. LMA was 0-2 on 3’s, I’m ok with this, he is comfortable with shooting them, he will make them. I’m hoping that Wes Matthews isn’t taking Batum’s touches this year. Batum was more than impressive in the FIBA World Cup, he should have a larger role in this offense. Maybe he is just hung over from the summer tourney? Watch