You should bank on nothing during the preseason, but you should note some interesting trends and tidbits that are worth keeping an eye on:
- Paul George scored 20 points in a quarter. Good sign
- Ty Lawson started with Harden and also played in a 3 guard set with Beverly.
- Bobby Portis can play; not that the Bulls front court needs any more capable players.
- Wes Johnson started for the Clips at 3.
- Mudiay has been given the keys to this Denver team, for better or worse. (7.5 TOs per game)
- Meyers Leonard looked comfortable starting at center for Portland.
- Niko Mirotic played center for a small stretch (Pau and Taj both did not play that game)
- Boogie pulled a Bruce Bowen undercut on Meyers Leonard twice. If Meyers is getting under his skin, it’s gonna be a long season
- The Bulls shot 39 three-pointers in their opening preseason game. And Derrick Rose wasn’t even involved.
Remember again: this is preseason, everything is subject to change and a great/bad performance only means you should take note, not act:
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- Stanley Johnson
- Otto Porter, Jr
- Jeremy Lamb – due to MKG’s injury