A ton happened last night, but what most people will remember is THIS:
The nine other games of the night all had something that you should have noticed. Some minutes bumps due to injury, new starters, reduced minutes, questionable performances. Let’s run through them really quick:
- Isaiah Thomas got the start with Marcus Smart out. You can tell he wants to keep that starting role and does not need to go against second teams to be effective.
- Jared Sullinger got 27 mins in his start, I basically think the whole Boston frontcourt is unownable in standard leagues, but with minutes Sullinger can provide value for deeper or streaming purpose. If you enjoy playing the Brad Stevens rotation guessing game, have at it
- Jordan Hill started over Myles Turner with Ian Mahinmi out. Hill does standard big man things, not sure what is holding back Turner.
- Nice breakout game from Otto Porter, hopefully a sign of more consistent performances. The new small ball, three point shooting system the Wiz are running will help him, and has helped Beal already. Gortat’s role in the offense seems to be diminished. It’s too early to tell and he’s only seeing 4 less touches per game than last season. This might just be a system problem, but I’m not ruling out a decrease in ability either.
- Schroder is the preferred starter in Atlanta when Korver is sitting. Bazemore might just be benefiting from extra minutes being around, but he is starting over Sefolosha for a reason.
- Ladies Love Kristaps, Kevin Love doesn’t
- Richard Jefferson played 35 minutes with JR Smith out, but I think the real value bump goes to Dellavedova, who has dropped 8.6 assists per game over his last three outings
- Vucevic left the game with a non-contact injury and is scheduled for an MRI. Dedmon saw a lot more minutes at center but the true benefactor is hopefully Aaron Gordon, who can do some beasty things.
- TJ McConnell is now starting in Philly, but Philly has no clue what they are doing. Two 12-assist games in a row though makes him an intriguing flyer.
- Koufos played more minutes and much better than Big Willie Stein. Doesn’t seem that Cousins will be out much longer, but Koufos will probably get the minutes until then
- Alex Len is sneaking in on Ty Chandler’s minutes. Just be aware.
- With Meyers Leonard leaving the game against the Jazz, and his lack of production, Mason Plumlee should replace him in the starting lineup, and all standard leagues. Bump to Mo Harkless as well.